twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I forget to drink during the day and its making me feel really quite rubbish...?

.any tips on how to remind me to drink more? You'd think, being a housewife, with a 4 year old only at nursery, you'd think I'd be using having a brew every 5 minutes as an excuse not to do any housework, but I always seem to be doing something and can go for 4-5 hours without a drink.

Sensible answers only thanks. xx
Answer:
Use a routine. Stop everything at 9am, 11am and 3pm for a nice sit down and a cuppa.
Set your mobile phone to sound an alarm every hour
I think you exceeded your limit today
Set an alarm clock.
if you dont feel the need for a cuppa very often then i would imagine that when you do finaly sit down and have one it is more enjoyable. so i would carry on the way you are.
My daughter is like this and she is 16 years old.
She forgets to drink whilst she is in the house sometimes and then says i don't feel well, i havn't had a drink.
Some people don't need as much drink as others but you have to remember your body can not survive on just food. Fluids are a big part of bodily function, your kidneys could play up if you don't drink enough.
Use memo notes and stick them around the house or where ever you are at, that should remind you then.
Put a full 2 litre bottle of water on the kitchen table and every time you go into or pass the kitchen, drink a glass of it (on its own or mixed with squash) and you will get through it. If you are on the computer have a small bottle with you and keep sipping - it is amazing that you just get into the habit of drinking and you will find you don't eat as much, because thirst is often mistaken for hunger anyway!
Also, your 4 year old needs to drink lots of water, so maybe you could give him/her their own bottle and see who gets through it!
I hope you're talking about drinking more water. If so, set the kitchen timer and drink a glass of water when it goes off. However, if your talking about alcohol, your best bet is to find a relative to take car of the four year old for a while and check into a treatment center.
Either set an alarm or get 2 litre bottle of water and make up your squash and keep in in the fridge. Everytime you walk past fill up your glass and make sure you finish it every day!
I don't want to be rude, but are you eating instead of drinking?
Quite often the first sign of thirst is hunger, and we can draw some water from what we eat.
Usually by the time you feel thirsty you are already dehydrated.
Why not try strapping a sports water bottle to your waist or arm. Somewhere it will get in your way regularly. That way, every time you notice it, you can have a drink.
Or try scheduling appointments with yourself to have a drink. E.g. I will have a glass of water when I've finished the ironing.
I really must stress the importance of sitting down with a nice cup of tea and a choc hob-nob. It is a vital part of life and everyone should do it regularly. :o)
You've got a few good suggestions here with the stickup notes etc...

I tend to forget to drink enough fluid as well throughout the day %26 am really working on increasing my water intake..as I tend to be at my computer when I'm at home..what I do is set my calender (on my computer) to remind me every hour to have a drink of water...also you could get 2 small containers %26 place them near your kitchen sink, then place into one of them 10 pennies %26 each time you have a drink, transfer one penny from one container to the other.that way, you can know how much fluid you're taking in each day %26 know that you're getting enough.

Another suggestion is to keep a bottle of water near your desk (when at the computer) %26 sip from it regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net