twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I forget I say or do things instantly like I'm on auto pilot.?

eg. I'll reply to an email with a few sentances, and once it's sent not remember what it said. Or I'll be talking with someone, and say something then a few minutes say it again because I didn't remember actually saying it the first time, only thinking of saying it. It's happening more and more often. I'll listen to things, but instantly forget what was said. It's getting so bad, I'm getting phone numbers and names wrong at work. I'm young. What could it be? What is happening to me? What can I do to improve it? Is it just poor concentration and so my short term memory isn't recording it?
Answer:
Woah, see a doctor immediately. Write stuff down the second you need to remember something. Ask some of your friends to help you out and remember stuff too.
Early Alzheimer's, I guess...
I can relate! I forget thing almost instantly. My family was getting really concerned about it. I think it's poor concentration because I have a relatively high IQ and when I concentrate on remembering something(like for a test) I can have a photographic memory(like the book is right in front of me). Yet for some reason I can't remember trivial stuff like people's birthdays, who I just got off of the phone with, messages for people at home or at my job, appointments. It's really disrupting my life. I think we both just need to concentrate more on everything that is going on in our lives. Give everything importance, like you'll be quizzed on it later. Good luck! I'll be working on it too :)
Have you been sleeping enough on a regular basis for a while? Sleep deprivation can do this. Depression is also another cause of this behavior. Are you on any new medications, either prescription or over the counter? Do you use any illegal drugs (or drink alcohol excessively)?

Assuming that you've ruled all these causes out, you really should see a doctor and rule out medical causes. It's extremely unlikely that you'd have a brain tumor, but this could certainly be a symptom and something that can be treated much easier if caught earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net