twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I forgot my Anxiety Medication (Effexor) in California and wont be back for a month.?

Whenever I don't take it I get all light-headed and almost dizzy, but mostly light headed. I was wondering if there's any way to not feel light-headed since I won't be taking it for probably a month whenever I return back to California but I also wanted to stop taking it so could I just stop now and bare with this pain for a little while? All answers are greatly appreciated. Thank you
Answer:
Abruptly stopping a medication can be more dangerous than effective. Please reconsider retaking your meds.
If you have a pharmacy that is a national company contact the pharmacy and they can make arrangements to get you the supply needed. Also try having someone fed ex you your meds if the pharmacy is not avail.
and the third choice is contact your md and he can have a prescription called in for you.
Good luck
you really shouldn't stop taking this medication all of a sudden.you probably need to see a doctor there and get your prescription some way.
Never stop taking your medication suddenly. Call you doctors office and have them call your prescription to a Walgreen's store. Find a Walgreen's where you are at in CA and pick it up there.
This might work at other pharmacy chains but I don't know the names of other ones. I have used this to pick up forgotten prescriptions in other states.
See if you can get your doctor to call a local pharmacy to fill the prescription, or have a friend or family member fed-ex it to wherever you're staying the next day. Do NOT stop taking it or take a break from it without medical supervision.
Not taking your meds like a near-sighted person forgetting their glasses. They need their glasses to see, just like you need your meds to prevent the anxiety.
Good luck
I've taken effexor for anxiety on and off for quite a few years, and i've found when I stop taking it I get kind of a shock wave feeling, and the dizziness. I always tapered off of it but still had these withdrawal type symptoms, and have read and been told by my physician that you should'nt stop taking effexor abruptly like that. If you can, you should let your doctor know what happened and ask for his help or advice. There might be something he can do so that you don't have to stop taking them so quickly, and if you want to stop them for good you could taper off more slowly. In my own experience, the withdrawal from effexor can last a week or more. Hope this helps, good luck
I too am on effexor and my doctor was a little late on renewing my perscription and the withdrawal symptoms were brutal. The same as you are weaned on this drug, you also have to be weaned off. Never stop taking a drug abruptly, you must get your doctor to call in your perscription at a nearby pharmacy.
dont go cold turkey from this medication..you need to taper off them gradually..or the symptoms get worse as the days go by...while your away..go to the clinic or docs and get a new perscription..i got brain zaps coming off this effexor and it was so horrible..
Call your Dr and he can call in your medicine to a pharmacy. If you want off of it he can help you with that too. Most antidepressants give you withdrawal symptoms and you may have to be taken off slowly. Good luck to you!
Most drugs stores will advance you medication if they can get a hold of your doctor and have him verify on the phone...I would try to call your doctor and get the o.k to a local pharmacists, they can ship it to you in 24hrs as well. Effexor is not the kind of drug you want to stop all of a sudden...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net