twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I have a problem with dry mouth?

I have developed dry mouth a side affect of the anti depressants I take. I have had it for seven months and it seems to be getting worse. What I need to know is has anyone ever experienced this and did the dry mouth go away on its own or did it go away once the medication was stopped.
or does it stay with you even when you have stopped the medication. has anyone switched medication to stop the dry mouth and was it successful if so what switch did you make.
Answer:
There is a product that is supposed to help dry mouth - I have no idea if or how well it works - it is made by the Sensodyne toothpaste people - Glaxo-Smith-Klein.

Oasis Moisturizing Mouthwash for Dry Mouth

I think they make a mouth spray too.

http://www.oasisdrymouth.com/
Hi Carol b, Im also on antidepressants, which ones do you take? If I remember rightly I had a really dry mouth at first, Ive been on them for a good two years and this problem seems to have lessened.
Long time ago a Doctor advised to suck on Lemon drops candies to increase the saliva ,give it a try it really works!
I also get a dry mouth from medication and unfortunately it has not gone away. I find that the only thing to work is to keep hydrated and during the day if it becomes unbearable chew sugarfree gum. If you really cant tolerate it maybe you should discuss with your Docter the possibility of changing medication.
what i would suggest is that you get some hard sugar free candies and just suck on them all day. it depending on what medication you get switched may continue to give you dry or cotton mouth or it may not i would do the hard candies first to see if that would help
I was on dosulepin for about a year and that always gave me a dry mouth and the need to drink lots of water. Never good with booze! I came off them and switched to St John's Wort. It proved the right choice for me. It just makes my pee smell of S t Johns' wort (and my under arms too,... Yuk!) Well I'm being honest and that is a small price to pay. Best have a word with your doctor, but they don't always know best. Good luck.
most anti depressant cause dry mouth.carry hard candy with you or a bottle of water.
i had it and i was told to chew gum to stimulate the salivary glands to work. it went away after i started doing that regularly.
My meds give me severe dry mouth.. doesn't seem to matter how much water I drink or if I chew gum suck on hard candy.. so one day I saw an ad for Oasis on the walmart site.. and got a coupon for it...and it works...I use the Oasis mouthwash after brushing... and carry the Oasis spray with me... it helps a great deal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net