twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I hate my job, yet I don't leave or even try to get another job. What's wrong with me?

i am a 27 year old female who has been at the same job for 7 long years. i am a receptionist at a computer software company. the benefits are great and i love the people that i work with, yet i hate my job. i dread coming every day and it takes every ounce of strenght not to wlak out every single day. i feel like i'm not good at anything. i never moved away from my hometown after high school. the firends i have now i've pretty much had all my life. i neevr went to college. how do you make a major change in your life when it's something that is so foreign to you?
Answer:
Oh girl I was in postition and little older with 2 kids. I just started dreading to the time I got ready until I got there. I kept saying I need to get another job and kept looking but didn't push hard enough. I loved my job it was the new boss they brought in with a couple others. I finally was going out to have surgery the boss signed my FMLA paperwork. That night my housekeeping employees that I managed were having a pot-luck and my boss calls me in and wants to write me up. I had never been written up or anything and I had been at the medicals center for 15 years and just moved up. I was so up-set it just came and said I quit gave keys, pager and got a box and started empting my desk. Called my husband and said I just quite he said good.
The point is if your un-happy even though you love part of it is not healthy. I knew I had to get out of there and just kept staying. Within 2 another hospital had heard of me called me and I went to work for them and loved it then transfered through them to another hopital and loved it until I came disabled 2 years ago.
Another point is schooling I didn't have a lot of schooling and was managing 175 employees when I got hurt and was making more then my husband. The schooling you can get is on the job training. Get into a company that will offer you this you still are young and can make.
You might need to move from small town I also graduated in very small town and moved out. There's a lot out there to do just look. You can do, you sound just like I did years ago. Good Luck
Familiarity makes for complacency.

Means that you know your job, the people and the rules there, and you are comfortable.
You don't like what you're doing but you seem to have grown comfortable there in a weird way. 27 certainly isn't too old to make life changes. Go back to school if you want...learn a new trade, get a new job. Move away from there if you don't like it. It's up to you though, entirely. If you want it bad enough, you'll make it happen.
You probably don't like "change" in your life, but everyone has to go through it. Especially if it has to do with your job. At least "LOOK" for a job. Just take a couple days off of work and start searching. You don't have to say " I quit," right off the bat. Once you find one that suitable to your needs and enjoy what you're doing there, it'll be easier to let go of your old job.
You affraid to go outside your comfort zone. If you don't make a move noway to know whats out in this big beautiful world. Take a risk. Thats what life is all about risks. Have fun life to short, if you wait much longer you be sitting in a chair wondering about coulda, woulda, shoulda. Peace
Is there any other job in company that you could become qualified for?
What is it that you hate about present job?
Do you feel like youre dead ended in present job?
Are you just burned out?

Action is the cure for all stress figure out what you want and then make a plan to get there.
You are good at something or you wouldnt have a job for 7 years.
Hi, firstly your company obvisiously dont think your no good as you STILL work for them, so your doing a good job in their eyes. I know what your saying though, most of the jobs I have had mixed feelings about when ive left them. The job im in now ive been there for just over four years, Ive got the potenial to be made upto deputy manager but ive turned it down. Most of the time at work is very stressful, constantly on at my staff to get their jobs done and chasing after those that just use the place as a doss house. What with the clients being aggressive alot of the time doesnt make my job an easy one. Ive OFTEN, more times than not thought about leaving. Ive even said to my manager about moving on to do something else.but do i go..NO. Im still there. Very rarely, but occassionally when its been a really difficult day ive burst out crying at work and said, thats it im handing in my notice. But do i do it..NO. Do i look elsewhere for somewhere else to work..NO. Im not saying i hate my job, because most of the time i enjoy it there.

Im 29, and personally (this maybe the same for you) i HATE starting new jobs. I hate the first day / week someone new because i dont know the routine, i dont know anyone and all the other things that come with new jobs. I think for me its this reason that i still havent left. Ive also left a job in my past and hated it there yet the job i went to afterwards was twice as bad so i regreted leaving, and guess this puts me off too.

My advice to you about making any big changes in your life is to REALLY think it through. If you want to go into a different line of work, look into doing a few courses at an adult education center or a college. You can also look into doing a few course from home, these are called Distant Learning. You can do this in your own time and at home, with support from a tutor over the phone and never have to step once into college. They do MANY courses on ALSORTS of subjects. When you think "this time i WILL leave", either, hand in your notice and then take a holiday for a break and during that holiday look for work elsewhere OR look while your studing or while your in work, hand in your notice and give yourself about a week off before you commence work somewhere else. This has helped me in the past.

As for your friends, thats nice to hear that they have been your friends most of your life. Im still incontact with a few of mine from school. Yet i have also now made many new friends. I made friends with two or three people from on here, whom i chat to through MSN now, ive met new friends through a chat site called faceparty. But defo keep with your old friends dont lose them hun.

It is a BIG STEP to make a change in your life and only you can decide when you are ready to do this.
Email me if you want a new friend..I dont mind.
Sign upto www.faceparty.com
Look into courses at DISTANT LEARNING through google

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net