twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I have a lump in my throat. I suspect thats its the Celexa causing it. Will it ever go away and not come back?

I just started taking Celexa about 3 weeks ago.
Answer:
Celexa and Paxil are very similar in make up. It may be the same reaction. Contact your prescribing doctor or the pharmacist, to see if this could get worse.
try contently clearing ur throat, it sld go away but it may come back later on in life!
go check it out with your doctor as soon as possible
why not call your g.p. and ask them though, i don't think an antidepressant will cause it.
Speak to the person who prescribed the Celexa. If it is bothering you a lot, call their office right away and make a follow-up appointment.

A lump in the throat is *not* usually a sign of a dangerous illness (caveat: I am not a physician!) It is however associated with anxiety, as well as acid reflux disease.

Side effects of medication should always be addressed by your prescriber, or another trusted physician/nurse practitioner.
You should seriously get this checked out. A lady I know recently had a lump in her throat and it turned out to be thyroid cancer.
I was on Paxil for 7yrs and now im on celexa (1yr) and Ive never had that prob nor do i know anyone with a lump in their throat from any antidepressant..u sure u swallow it correctly?lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net