twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

I cut for years and no one lets me forget it?

i resently stoped cutting and this time for real i havent done it in three months and hardly have urges anymore but most of my friends thought it stoped last year. people call me emo and make the cutting wrist movement at me sometimes even people who dont know me and i cant prove that i dont because i have a HUGE scar going all the way up my wrist. i dont dress emo or act it. i am the most hyper 16 year old ever but people still call me emo. ive marked myself for life and i want it to go away. how do i make them stop being so cruel?
Answer:
Who cares what they think. Tell them to mind their own business! It's good that you stopped doing that. I got bad scars from that, too. As you get older they well fade and people won't judge you, like immature little hater brats do these days.
Yeah who cares.It's in human nature to put other people down to make ourselves feel better.
I'm proud of u! ^/////^ I'm still cutting and don't worry they'll quit if u ignore them! I've been doing this for 3 and a half years and they've stopped dooing this too me...if they don't tell me ill be the crap out a them!!
TTYL.
Ichigo S.
You make them feel small and stupid. When someone calls you emo, just look them in the eyes and say that you went through some hard times in your life and now focus on the positive. It will make them feel like an ***, and they should. If it's people you don't know and will never see again, just ignore it. It may sting, but odds are there is so much that you could make fun of them for that's just not as visible as your scars.
You will have to develop mechanisms for coping with such people, throughout life. See self harm at http://www.ezy-build.net. (.net.nz/~shaneris) on page 4, and practise one of the relaxation methods on page 2, daily, and when needed. Personally, I would make a throatcutting gesture, then point at those who do this to you, but maybe that's just me.
Wear long sleeves even after high school is over. If your scars are permanent like mine are, you're never going to be able to wear short sleeves without asking for trouble. I'm an adult, but I cut when I was younger and I have hundreds of scars on my arms. If I wore a shirt, I'd get a lot of comments. Even doctors still comment about it like it just happened yesterday. I quit years ago!!

It's a fact of life, people judge. High school is much worse. When you go to college, move out of that city, make new friends, just don't tell anyone that you used to cut yourself and don't wear short sleeves and you'll be fine.

Sometimes I still feel bad about it and worry that my family will found out. My parents never knew, but ah well. What can I do? Nothing. Just move on with it.
I recently stopped cutting too and I understand how you feel because people will bring it up if in an arguement with me. The fact that you stopped is really great and shows you are a strong person, so it shouldnt matter what they think of you. as for the scar I have one scar that I wish would go away yet i use it as a reminder of what I used to do and how Ive changed from that person, and that scar stops me from doing it again. Think of it that way. Tell them how you feel and maybe they will stop being cruel. Most people will be cruel b/c they dont understand the reasoning why someone would do it so they strike out. Just dont let their comments get to you..
Dont give a s*** at what they say. they wud pick at ur weakest part of life. like if u dont cut they can pick at ur height, weight, skin whatever. but one thing that u shud be happy is since u gave up cutting and came out of this condition . If it had to be ur height, weight or skin you wud nt have been able to come out of it.
First off I would like to congratulate you for stopping the cutting. I know just how hard that can be. I understand that it is easier said than done but you did this for you and you need to not worry about what others say. The scar is there but only for now. There is a procedure called micro dermabrasion that is done at a Dermatologist office and it takes quite a few treatments but it makes the scar a lot less noticable. You can't make people do anything but the less you react to them and if you just hold your head high and you know that you are who you are and all that you have overcome.they do not. You do not have to be scarred for life. If the micro dermabrasion does not take it completely away then you can always get skin graphs or other procedures later on. I wish you the best and I hope you realize all that you have overcome.
It is the nature of kids to taunt those who are even slightly different. There is no way to get them to stop pestering you other than to simply ignore them, and perhaps they will stop when they get no reaction. I know it can be tough at your age, but be proud of yourself that you overcame such a difficult obstacle. In terms of the scaring, you should see a dermatologist. They have ways of removing scars, or making them less visible.

good luck and stay strong
Fist meets face. I've been dealing with this too. Cutting is hard, I thought it'd be a in out thing, like I could do it and forget about it. I was wrong. It like took over, as odd as that sounds. Because of that I have scars on my left arm, so I have to wear arm warmeers all the time. If anybody makes fun of me, or calls me emo its gonna be a fist meets face thing because they don't know what you, or I, have been through, so they have no right to be doing that, ya know? You shouldn't take that, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net