twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

I don't wanna leave my house & i dunno why!!?

i have been on effexorXR for 2 %26 a half months now. I hate the idea of being around people %26 leaving my house %26 i avoid it whenever i can...this is kind of a new symptom for me ( i've been on many antidepressants in the past )...my boyfriend is getting VERY impatient with my behavior %26 my recovery...any info or advice??...Can the medication be causing this??
Answer:
I doubt Effexor has anything to do with your problem unless it makes you anxious. It does that to some people.

My advice is to force yourself outside more often. Spend a little more time outdoors everyday.

Ask your doctor whether to continue Effexor.

You didn't mention panic attacks so it's not agoraphobia.
Try relaxing and think of good things then. I was like you a few months before and I understand your feeling. Or try to keep with someone you feel safe with.
HONEY U GOT AGOROPHOBIA.. CHECK THIS SITE OUT.
You may be becoming "phobic". You NEED to get OUT of your house %26 into the real world again! I can't remember the name of your condition; but it gets WORSE with time- and eventually becomes totally disabling. If you want to keep your sanity (not to mention- your boyfriend), you should get out of your house %26 seek counseling. Your history makes you a prime candidate for something like this to happen. Good luck- %26 get well!
It's called agoraphobia. Just face your fear, and slowly walk outside. Then get in the car with your BF driving, and take deep breaths. If you freak out have him take you right back home. You're having panic and/or anxiety attacks. It's very common among young women. You have to get to a doctor. If he sees what a mess you are there, he'll really see first hand once going on. Nowadays, it's very common. Have your bf go with you if possible, so he can put his two cents in. There are so many great medications today. You'll get help in no time. Believe me, There's nothing wrong with you. Some of us just have nerve problems. I'm a fellow sufferer of panic attacks. I'm on "Klonopin", which I think is a wonder drug. These meds don't make you goofy or high, they just adjust the seratonin in your brain. You have a real disease, but lucky for you, there's all kinds of help for you. Get an appt. tomorrow. You'll feel so much better. I promise. :) -L
when i was on effexor i was feeling like that. i would change it to something else. good luck. yes, i think it is the medication, effexor is a pretty crappy drug if you ask me; it only made me worse.
I have the problem too.my husband and I have had our share of problems too.I've been working on getting out more...I take effexorXR and Remeron and have been doing better...but I still take klonopin when I have to travel out of my "safe zone".it takes the edge off for me...

maybe try and find someone you feel safe with..hopefully, they can help you thru this...

best of luck:)
It most certainly can be the effexor, I was on Zoloft and it done me the same way. I didn't want to leave my house, answer the phone, talk to anyone, or even open up the blinds, I was unhappy, or ill. I also took Effexor XR but I didn't take it long it made me have suicidal thoughts and I'm not a suicidal person. I have extreme panic and anxiety and being treated for it but not with antidepressants. Alot of people can't deal with someone else's problems but don't worry about him, get yourself well. He he leaves you then your better off in the long run trust me. What if you had something wrong with you that was life threatening , you need to ask yourself would he be there to help? My ex didn't understand my anxiety or panic disorders he thought that I used them as an excuse but it is real. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net