twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

I don't have anything to say around people? help!?

I'm shy.

I go to a small church (around 50 people) and there are a lot of people there, of all ages but I don't seem to want to talk to anyone. Nothing beyond the canned reply to "how are you."

When I go to my college classes, I don't say much beyond what's required. All I do is answer simple but common questions "Do you know what time it is." and that's pretty much my social life. Hence I have no friends.

Now I started this question by stating that I was shy, but I'm beginning to wonder if it's more than that. I can summon the courage to say something, if i had anything interesting to say. But I got nothing.

This isn't how I want to be. I'd like to make some friendships. When I see people hanging out together, I can't help but envy them, hoping to one day be able to speak and "open up." But alas, I can't.
Answer:
What are you interested in???join those groups..and people love to talk about them self.ask a question ..and then listen.they will think you are wonderful...and little by little things will get better..give it a try..
maybe you have nothing to say cuz you have no interests. try new things that you would never think of doing you might actually like it and join clubs with people who like the same thing. im shy also and alot of times i have nothing to say either. also you should try working on your confidence and making small talk i think theres a book that helps with that try amazon .com
Well if you want to try and get to know people better then take it in little steps. In class for example comment on anything in the course (labs, a concept that is interesting) to a person who is talkative that way you don't have to think of much to say until you get used to it. Don't give up on yourself, and remember you can be happy without having a lot of friends if you have family use them to help you build social connections. Maybe you can use email to help you learn how to converse. Just do a number of small things to help and don't give up if that is what you really want.
I too am shy. I understand where you are coming from. If you really want to change, do it in small steps. Don't expect miracles and instant friends over night. I'm sure you have some kind of interests,,ex. television shows, pets, books,,anything that is special to you. You can gradually talk about these things. Please don't be hard on yourself and accept yourself as you are. Good Luck!!
The best way to begin talking to people, is to ask a lot of questions about them! Not only do people LOVE to talk about themselves, but you also get to know that person and they'll feel that you are truly interested in them. Sooner or later you will be comfortable enough with that person you will be able to open up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net